Monday, June 22, 2009

Language Barrier . . .

. . . thank goodness for translators. Will had to work today for the first time since the kids have been home. Wilkenson came to me later in the day asking me a question about Will but I could not understand what the question was. He kept asking and then Jesula joined in. Bless his heart, I just did not know and he was not giving up. I called our new friend, Norma, at work. (She is so wonderful to stop what she is doing and help us out.) I watched Wilkenson listen to her on the phone with a big grin on his face. Norma let me know that he was asking if his daddy went to Mardi Gras. I have no idea where he would have gotten that idea but, at least, he knows now that his daddy was working and not partying.

5 comments:

Thomas said...

Must have been the party hat and beads that he was wearing when he left. ;-)

Kristi said...

LOL- Ok that's seriously funny. I can only imagine the things Kobe has said to us that we don't quite understand. Last night I was telling him "No poo poo in Pantelone - and now he tells Nate constantly "DADDY NO NO POO POO IN PANTALONE- POO POO IN TOILET!!!!"

Anonymous said...

well that is just funny. Wonder how he knows about that? perhaps people at the creche talked about doing that. Thanks for all the updates. Love you.
~andrea

AprilC said...

Love this!!! Probably worried he would be gone for days...did he take his guitar?

the Probst Clan said...

We found out what is was . . . Will had to take some costumes and his guitart to work and Kenson saw them sitting on the chair before he left. i know he did not fully understand that his daddy was going to work so I guess he thought he was going to Mardi Gras. Totally hilarious!