Thursday, June 11, 2009

Our first week

I wish I did not feel this way but with the emotions and mindfilled chaos I was experiencing, I am glad to say that the first week is behind us. I am starting to feel like myself again ~ Thank you Jesus. I have realized just how uncapable I am of doing anything on my own. All of my strength comes from the Lord.
I will try and post pics tomorrow but for now, Wilk and Jes are doing very well. They seem to be adjusting smoothly with just a few snags that are to be expected. We have no real issues right now. Along with pics, I will post some special and crazy moments too. Sorry for the lack of any real info. Until tomorrow . . .

1 comment:

Choosing God's Road said...

Rhonda, sweet girl. I am afraid I might have misled you when I seen you in Chick-fil-a. We hadn't experienced the "real" hardships that were to come with our new little man. He is doing wonderful now and really starting to feel like he can express his opinion just like the others do. We had quite a few instances when he was overwhelmed and we were too. He didn't know how to express himself and we didn't understand him. So when you walk through these next few months, there will be lots of firsts, laughter, tears, and exhaustion. I will pray for your strength as you walk from day to day. If you want to call me and just vent, please feel free. We are walking this road together...and I feel so blessed to be walking it with you. Adopted children are truly birthed in our hearts...so we have a very real bond with them. Sometimes, I felt like I might be just babysitting, so I had some times that were grieving moments for me too. I felt like I didn't have enough time for my other 2 children like normal. Well, reality hit, and there just wasn't that much time. Praise Him, for helping us adjust and the other 2 to blend. He has been home about 2 months, and we are getting our schedule down now. :) Remember, you are not "supermom", you are an ordinary mom with an extraordinary God working through you. :)