Monday, May 24, 2010

My tummy hurts

Jesi has been waking up the past few nights crying and complaining about her tummy hurting her. At first, I thought it was due to her belly button hernia, although, it is quite small and has not bothered her since her belly has went down many months ago. I remember at the age of 8 having horrible stomach issues. My parents were worried sick about me and I actually had lots of testing done to figure out the problem. The problem was me and not my belly. (I was dealing with some difficult transitions at school and I was just sick with worry.) Jesi is not complaining at all during the day but then she is with me all the time. She is more clingy than usual if we go out anywhere. The only time she complains is at night when she is "away from" me. I realized last night that I need to encourage her that she is loved and safe; I need to do a better job at hugging and kissing on her during the day which is so difficult for me right now during pregnancy. I am so not physical when I am pregnant. Last night, after the second time she woke me up, I sat and rocked her a bit letting her know she was loved and safe and prayed over her. When I laid her down, I let her know again that her tummy was OK and then she needed to sleep. She did not wake up again the rest of the night. I am hoping and praying that this is what is going on and I am not missing anything. Thankfully Jesus knows her better than I do so I am praying that He gives me wisdom and that He takes care of her in the meantime.

No comments: