Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where do I start . . . THEY ARE COMING HOME!!!

First of all, God did it again. He graciously provided all the needed money to get our tickets and pay all of our fees in Haiti. He did all of it within 5 or so days. I am still to this day in awe of how He works. I am so thankful for the people that he used and how gracious they have been to give so freely. Some of them, we do not even know. Thank you!!!!!

Second, it has been a whirlwind here. Just hours ago, we received the phone call that the visas were picked up and to schedule our flights. Whew!!! After the shock of it all, a late night visit to Wal-mart with my mom and aunt, and several emails and phonecalls, our flights are now booked. We leave for Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday, May 30th, and arrive in Haiti the next day. We, then, return home on Wednesday, June 3rd.

In addition to all those who gave monetarily (sp), are those who are helping in other ways: a teenage girl from our church who is going to stay at our house for a week and watch the kids so Will can finish up his last week of school, friends who are helping with meals and errands, and Renee who will accompany me to help bring the children home. I know that are more and as soon as I send this out, I will regret it because those people will come to mind. Most importantly, Will and I could not do this alone. We love ya'll!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

WOW!!!! Wow, wow, wow, wow!! Our God is an awesome God!!

The Bergstedt's said...

Congratulations and Yea God!! Have a great trip.

natalie said...

They are beautiful babies. I hope your trip home is sweet and quiet. May God bless their adjustment and make it wonderful and happy. You are blessed among women to get a gift like these little ones. Natalie

Instantly Mama said...

WooHoo!!!! So excited for you! Have a wonderful trip!

Thomas said...

Glorious day! Thrilled for you guys and Wilkenson and Jesula. Life will never be the same again. Your family is gorgeous and I can't wait to see the homecoming pictures.